We provide consultancy services to embassies, ministries, development organisations and others wishing to make use of our knowledge and experience in the field of private sector development, food security, economic growth and poverty reduction. Assignments that we can undertake for you may include:
- Formulation of support programmes and projects
- Preparation and presentation of sector studies
- Facilitation between public and private sector partners
- Monitoring and evaluation assignments
- Preparation and implementation of training programmes.
Examples of technical assistance assignments recently undertaken by Senior Advisors of Advance Consulting include:
- Facilitation between cocoa companies and support organisations for the formation of a new consortium responsible for developing better support services for intensification and sustainable production in the Ghanaian cocoa sector
- Development of a new horticultural support programme for the Netherlands Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, including two background studies summarising experiences of European importers and commercial horticultural producers in Ethiopia
- Preparation of an overview of the Kenyan horticulture sector for the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture & Innovation
- Formulation of a new oil seed sector support programme for the Netherlands Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Training of Indonesian Engineers on economic feasibility assessments as part of an ECN training programme on sustainable energy projects
- Facilitation between exporters and Government services on the regulations for the repatriation of export earnings in the Ethiopian floriculture sector
- Project formulation for a new smallholder support project in the coffee sector of Malawi and Tanzania for the Common Fund for Commodities
- Ex-post review of five projects financed through the Netherlands Embassy and NORAD in support of the business development in the Zambian agricultural sector.