Sustainable Water Fund (FDW)
The Sustainable Water Fund (FDW=Fonds Duurzaam Water) is a Public Private Partnership facility which finances projects in the area of water security and flood prevention in developing countries. The projects should alleviate poverty, help sustainable economic growth and stimulate self-reliance. FDW is a facility of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Development Cooperation.
The projects should be aimed at the following sub themes:
• efficient and sustainable water use, particularly in the agricultural sector;
• improved river basin management and safe deltas;
• sustainable access to clean drinking water and sanitation (including waste management).
The Sustainable Water Fund will subsidize up to 60% of the total project budget (up to 70% for projects focussing on improved river basin management and safe deltas). The maximum subsidy amount is EUR 3,000,000 per project. The remainder will be financed by the partnership itself.
Your project should focus on either a business case or a ‘theory of change’ for which the construction of a Public Private Partnership has a crucial advantage. The business case should result in a (financial) sustainable business model.
Who can apply?
The Sustainable Water Fund (FDW) is open for applicants from a so called Public Private Partnership.
For the Sustainable Water Fund, the partnership should consist of a maximum of six established organisations including at least:
- one public/government body
- one company/business
- one NGO.
Participation of a knowledge institution is not a condition but will be assessed on the basis of the proposal.
Within this partnership at least one partner should be from the Netherlands and one is from the country where the project activities will be implemented. One partner will apply for the grant on behalf of the partnership. Any of the partners, Dutch or foreign, may take on this leading role.
The Sustainable Water Fund (FDW) is a tender programme.
– First step: partnerships hand in concept notes of 5 pages max and have an intake interview with RVO, the Dutch agency responsible for the management of the FDW facility.
– Second step: based on a positive evaluation of their concept notes, parties will be invited to hand in a complete project proposal. Partnerships which submitted a proposal with potential are eligible to additional support for developing a full proposal, including a voucher of EUR 10,000 max for technical support (only NGOs and SMEs in the partnership can apply for such a voucher);
The planning for the next call for proposals is as follows:
– 8 December 2017: deadline for submission of concept notes;
– 1 October 2017 – 5 Februari 2018, 15:00 uur CET: submission of full proposals.
Advance Consulting can assist you with the initial assessment of your sustainable water project up to the design and formulation of the full FDW project proposal.
Contact Frank Joosten for further information on the FDW programme.
G4AW - Geodata for Agriculture and WaterLees meer…
DRIVE - for public infrastructure projectsLees meer…
DHI grantsLees meer…
Energy and Environment (EEP) - AfricaLees meer…
Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF)Lees meer…
FDOV: Facility for Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food SecurityLees meer…
Partners for WaterLees meer…
Feasibility study grantsLees meer…
DOEN FoundationLees meer…
LS&H4D - Life Sciences & Health for DevelopmentLees meer…
PSI - Private Sector InvestmentLees meer…