The DHI programme can provide grants to Dutch companies preparing to export to or invest in foreign markets.
The following activities can be subsidized:
- Demonstration projects to showcase a specific (Dutch) solution (product, technology or service) in the target country, if this is needed to convince potential buyers. The DHI grant (max €200,000) is 50% of the demonstration project budget.
- Feasibility studies to demonstrate the technical or commercial feasibility of your (Dutch) solution to a foreign buyer and help to financially close the investment. The feasibility study outputs typically include a bankable business plan, on the strength of which the buyer can attract additional financing (e.g. from a bank) to acquire the solution. The DHI grant (max €100,000) is 50% of the feasibility study budget.
- Pre-investment studies to prepare the investment planned by a Dutch company in a new overseas subsidiary or joint venture partnership. The pre-investment study outputs typically include a bankable business plan, on the strength of which the investor can attract additional financing (e.g. from a bank) for the investment. The DHI grant (max €100,000) is 50% of the pre-investment study budget.
Requirements and conditions
- Only small and medium enterprises registered in the Netherlands or on Bonaire, St. Eustatius, Saba, Aruba, Curaçao or St. Maarten can apply.
- The applicant should have at least 3 employees and an average annual turnover of €100,000 over the past three years.
- The minimum grant requested is €25,000, so the study or demo project budget must be at least €50,000.
- The expected export value should be at least ten times higher than the DHI grant. This does not apply for pre-investment studies in developing countries.
The programme is available for studies and projects in all countries except for the Netherlands and countries where international sanctions are applied.
Tenders and deadlines
DHI is managed by Netherlands Enterprise Agency RVO, which organises two competitive tender rounds per year. Before an application can be made, a positive advice must be obtained from RVO by submitting a ‘quickscan’ (short outline of the plan). The first round in 2018 is open from 1 February to 29 March 2018. Another round is expected to open later in the year.
Advance Consulting has successfully assisted numerous companies in developing their DHI application and in most cases also assisted them in preparing a bankable business plan and attracting funding to financially close their export or investment project. Please contact Lisette Zewuster for a free assessment to find out whether your plan may qualify for financing through the DHI programme and how we can be of your service.
Sustainable Water Fund (FDW)Lees meer…
FDOV: Facility for Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food SecurityLees meer…
DRIVE - for public infrastructure projectsLees meer…
Energy and Environment (EEP) - AfricaLees meer…
Partners for WaterLees meer…
G4AW - Geodata for Agriculture and WaterLees meer…
Feasibility study grantsLees meer…
DOEN FoundationLees meer…
LS&H4D - Life Sciences & Health for DevelopmentLees meer…
PSI - Private Sector InvestmentLees meer…