Eurostars is a programme that supports research-performing small and medium enterprises (SME), which develop innovative products, processes and services, to gain competitive advantage. Eurostars does this by providing (35-50% grant, upto a maximum of € 500,000) funding for transnational innovation projects; the products of which are then rapidly commercialized.
Eurostars is a transnational programme, where projects have partners from two or more Eurostars countries. Thanks to this international collaboration, SMEs can more easily gain access to new markets.
The Eurostars programme is publically financed with a total budget of 1.14 billion euro and is currently supported by 34 EUREKA countries and the European Union.
Conditions to apply for Eurostars funding:
- Consortium leader is an R&D performing SME from a Eurostars country
- At least one other independent participant from another Eurostars country
- Eurostars R&D performing SMEs contribution is 50% or more of the total project cost (subcontracting costs excluded)
- The consortium is well balanced (no single participant or country is responsible for more than 75 %)
- The project duration is 3 years or less
- Market introduction is within 2 years of the project’s completion
- The project meets the EUREKA criteria (no restrictions on thematic area, civilian purpose)
Which countries qualify?
So far 34 countries participate in Eurostars: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
The next deadline for applications is 18 February 2016.
For more information on the programme, the conditions and the application process, contact Suzana Djodjo.
Sustainable Water Fund (FDW)Lees meer…
FDOV: Facility for Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food SecurityLees meer…
G4AW - Geodata for Agriculture and WaterLees meer…
DRIVE - for public infrastructure projectsLees meer…
DHI grantsLees meer…
Energy and Environment (EEP) - AfricaLees meer…
Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (AECF)Lees meer…
Partners for WaterLees meer…
Feasibility study grantsLees meer…
DOEN FoundationLees meer…
LS&H4D - Life Sciences & Health for DevelopmentLees meer…
PSI - Private Sector InvestmentLees meer…