Senior Operations Manager Vacature pagina (32-40 hours, Netherlands)
Our work in Kenya, Jordan and Burkina Faso
In Jordan, we support the development of a sustainable and competitive agriculture sector through an increasing number of programs and partnerships. For example, our project Holland Horti Support (https://www.hollandhortisupportjordan.com/) successfully introduced 10 innovations to 700+ Agri SMEs.
Our work in Kenya focuses on finance acquisition for SMEs by brokering loans, equity, and grants from DFIs, Social Impact Investors and donor organizations, as well as the provision of business development services for SMEs. These services include strategy development, market assessments, business plan development, technical feasibility studies, match making, and management trainings.
In Burkina Faso, we lead a 3-year project (https://www.burkinadrymore.org/) that aims to build a resilient processing sector in Burkina Faso for the fonio, ginger and hibiscus value chains. We aim to provide sustainable business for Burkinabe companies and EU importers, improved revenue, and climate resilience for 3,000 small-holder farmers and sustainable employment to 850 youth and women. In 2023 we will establish an office in West Africa to support this project and other projects in the Region.
To realize our growth ambitions in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, we are recruiting a Senior Operations Manager. He/she will be responsible for overseeing and improving our operations in The Netherlands, Kenya, and Jordan, and establishing our office in West Africa. The position will be filled from The Netherlands, and will require bi-monthly traveling to the other offices to coach our teams on the ground.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Senior Operations Manager may be adjusted to some extent depending on the background and technical expertise of the applicant, but will at least include:
- Control company and project financials in the Netherlands, Jordan, Burkina Faso and Kenya while working closely with, and supporting, the various country and project teams.
- Oversee financial projects, project budgets and cashflows.
- Improve the functionally and adoption of our ERP system in Netherlands, Jordan and Kenya operations with the goal of making all of our operations more efficient and future-proof.
- Facilitate operational and financial synergies between Advance Consulting and our sister company Advance Insight in the Netherlands, Kenya and West Africa.
- Develop, implement, and refine our project management systems and procedures.
- Lead the establishment of our West Africa office.
- Lead global recruitment and HR retention strategies.
- Facilitate improved knowledge sharing and cooperation between the various offices and projects.
- Guide, train, and coach our operational staff in The Netherlands, Kenya and Jordan.
- Directly supervise the office management teams in The Netherlands, Jordan, and Kenya, either in-person or remote.
- Oversee external communication and implement improved communication and marketing strategies.
- Monitor compliance of operations with laws and regulations in the Netherlands, Jordan, and Kenya.
- Oversee debtor management.
- Potentially contribute to or participate in one or more projects directly.
As we strive to deliver excellence to our clients, we are on the lookout for outstanding candidates. You may be the perfect match if you share our passion for vibrant, green, and inclusive SMEs, and bring the following:
- A master’s degree in business administration, accountancy, HR, finance, economics, or a similar relevant discipline.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience, including significant international work experience in Africa, Asia and/or the Middle East.
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, the financial management of SMEs.
- Demonstrated experience in team management, as well as with setting up and running operations of foreign companies or offices.
- Exceptional people and operational management skills, including interpersonal communication, organizational skills such as planning, monitoring, and reporting, problem solving and relationship management.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Dutch, French and/or Arabic are strong advantages.
- Full digital literacy, control of all main Microsoft Office applications and at least one digital ERP solution.
- A sense of humor and a positive outlook on life and teamwork.
What we offer
At Advance Consulting you will become part of a dynamic and unique international team. We offer you a competitive salary and a variety of additional benefits, such as travel allowance, retirement benefits, travel insurance and an end-of-year bonus for high-performers. We also offer opportunities to learn and develop on the job, and we pride ourselves in offering a healthy work-life balance.
How to apply
Are you the top candidate that we are looking for? Please send your CV and motivation letter to Frank Rijkers before 26 July 2022: firstname.lastname@example.org