GSMA - Innovation Fund for Assistive Tech
GSMA Assistive Tech is looking for start-ups, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and social enterprises in Africa and Asia with innovative solutions to advance the digital inclusion of people with disabilities.
GSMA has a call for application until 23:59 BST Friday, 16 October. Check out our calls page for a selection of open calls.
GSMA will provide grant funding between £100,000 and £250,000 for the successful applicants. Successful grantees will receive funding as well as mentoring, support for business models, and opportunities to build partnerships in the new markets.
GSMA-Innovation Fund for Assistive Tech aims to support solutions that address one or more of the following barriers in the digital inclusion of people with disabilities.
• Access – increasing accessibility and usability of mobile technology for people with disabilities.
• Affordability – improving the affordability of handsets or mobile phones and usage fees for people with disabilities.
• Relevance – ensuring availability of content, products and services that are relevant to, and meet the needs of people with disabilities.
• Knowledge and skills – providing people with disabilities with the knowledge and skills required to access and use mobile services, as well as increasing awareness and understanding of the benefits of mobile technology.
• Safety and security – addressing harassment, theft, fraud and security concerns of people with disabilities who want to use mobile services and/or building trust in these services.
Low and middle-income countries in Africa or Asia
GSMA is open for applications from organisations below who support the digital inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Social enterprises
GSMA is a competitive grant programme, attracting far more applications than can be funded. The selection follows a five-staged procedure:
- Stage 1: Pitch
- Stage 2: Proposal
- Stage 3: Fund panel
- Stage 4: Contracting
- Stage 5: Project Launch
Why work with Advance Consulting?
Advance Consulting developed a successful GSMA application for a client with a project in Mozambique. We will guide and help you, from the initial assessment of your project idea up to the approval of the GSMA application. Contact email@example.com for further information on the GSMA programme.