The Demo Environment programme funds international technology projects aiming to introduce proven and sold technical solutions to new markets. Demo Environment is a grant programme of The Swedish Agency for Development Cooperation (SIDA) and is managed by The Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth (Tillväxtverket).
The Demo Environment call for applications is closed. Open calls are published on our calls page.
Demo Environment can award grants for Planning activities and for Demonstration projects:
- Planning grants are awarded to help entrepreneurs explore new markets and research their technology’s impact on the environment and poverty reduction. Planning grants can be subsidized up to 100% with a maximum grant of SEK 350,000 (approx. € 35,600). Project duration may be at least 6 months and no longer than one year.
- In Demonstration projects, local actors receive financing to help them import technologies which offer solutions to local environmental challenges. Demo Environment can subsidize up to 50% of the project budget for equipment and up to 80% of the costs for services with a maximum grant of SEK 1.8 million (approx. € 183,000). The remainder must be financed by the partners. Technology or equipment investments should make up a substantial proportion of the total project costs. Project duration may be at least one year and no more than two years.
The programme’s emphasis is on cleantech products, systems, processes and services which offer clear advantages over competitive solutions in the following focus areas: climate change adaptation/mitigation, ecosystem services, renewable energy, water and sanitation and urban development.
The Demo Environment programme funds international technology transfers involving buyers in the following 14 countries:
- Africa: Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia
- Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia
- Latin America: Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala
- Western Balkans: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia
- Eastern Europe: Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
- Planning grants: the applicant is an SME based in a country outside the 14 target countries, and its partner organization (potential customer) must be legally registered in one of the target countries. Both partners must have been operating for at least 3 years and must show sound finance and a reasonable turnover.
- Demonstration projects: applicant (the buyer) is an SME/organization based in one of the 14 target countries and has identified an international partner (the seller) that offers the technology they want to import. Both partners must have been operating for at least 3 years and must show sound finance and a reasonable turnover.
Demo Environment is a competitive grant programme. Selection follows a one-step procedure for planning grants. Applications for demonstration projects are made in two steps:
- The first step involves submitting a project idea.
- Once a project idea has been reviewed and accepted, applicants will be invited to submit a full application.
Why work with Advance Consulting?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how we can assist you to successfully apply for funding from the Demo Environment programme.
A visual view of the eligible countries for the Demo Environment programme.