Sustainable Water Fund (FDW)
The Sustainable Water Fund (Fonds Duurzaam Water, abbreviated as FDW) is a public-private partnership programme funding projects in developing countries that contribute to inclusive green growth by improving water security and flood prevention. The projects should alleviate poverty, help sustainable economic growth and stimulate self-reliance. FDW is a grant programme of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is managed by RVO, agency of the Government of the Netherlands.
FDW can subsidize up to 60% of the project budget (up to 70% for projects focussing on improved river basin management and safe deltas). The maximum FDW grant is EUR 3,000,000 per project. The remainder must be financed by the partnership. Projects must be implemented within a maximum of 7 years.
- Efficient and sustainable water use, particularly in the agricultural sector
- Improved river basin management and safe deltas
- Sustainable access to clean drinking water and sanitation (including waste management)
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda and Zambia
- Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Lebanon, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Sri Lanka and Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru and Suriname
- Europe: Armenia, Georgia, Kosovo and Moldova
- One public/government body
- One company/business
- One NGO
Within this partnership at least one partner should be from the Netherlands and one is from the country where the project activities will be implemented. One of the partners will apply for the grant on behalf of the partnership.
- Stage one: concept note
- Stage two: full proposal, subject to RVO’s positive evaluation of the concept note
Advance Consulting developed successful FDW applications for clients with projects in South Africa, India (2) and Mozambique. We can guide and help you, from the initial assessment of your project idea up to the approval of the FDW application. Contact Frank Joosten (Frank@advanceconsulting) for further information on the FDW programme.